Our savory leg of lamb for dogs recipe is easy to make. It is a tasty yet simple recipe and can be quickly made in your kitchen. However, we don’t recommend only feeding your dog this recipe as a main replacement meal for their diet. It won’t provide all of the nutrients they need for a healthy lifestyle.
It will be a healthy and tasty meal for them still. If you’re looking for meal replacements for your dog, we recommend adding in a supplement to get them the most nutrition as possible. We prefer Wholistic Pet Canine Complete Organic Supplement to make sure our pets get all of their nutritional needs.
Cooking Utensils Needed
Ingredients for leg of lamb
1 (6 to 7 lbs) leg of lamb
1 Tsp of granulated (or powdered) garlic
1 Tsp of cumin
1/2 Tsp of turmeric
1 Tsp of Celtic sea salt
2 Tbsp of coconut oil
1 small yam or potato, either whole or peeled and cut into cubes (personal preference)
(optional) 4 large fresh figs, cut in quarters
1 1/2 Cups of chicken broth (onion free, see our recipe for dog safe chicken broth)
4 or 5 sprigs of rosemary
(Optional) Wholistic Pet Canine Complete Organic Supplement (depending on your dogs size)
How Long It Takes To Make
This recipe usually takes about 3-4 hours to make.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Rub the lamb all over with the garlic, cumin, turmeric, and salt.
- Then brown the lamb in oil in a hot skillet.
- Place the yam or potatoes in the bottom of the pan with chicken broth.
- Arrange the lamb on a rack with the sprigs of rosemary.
- Place in the oven.
- Check the lamb after 2 hours with a meat thermometer, then check every 30 minutes until the inside temperature reads 165 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and let the lamb leg rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Feed to your dog warm.
- Save any leftovers in a tub-o-ware container and store in the fridge.
Let us know what you think in the comments below!
We’d love to hear what you thought of our recipe and how your furry loved ones enjoyed it. Please feel free to leave us a comment down below or reach out to us on our contact page if you have a recipe you’d like to share.